Unmanned aerial systems (UAS) are being used across commercial industries as a more efficient and cost-effective option. In particular, the potential for drone use in the utility industry has grown tremendously.
Utilities across the country are beginning to see the vast potential for drones to reduce costs, improve safety, increase reliability and more quickly analyze malfunctions. While utilities currently conduct most maintenance operations by manual, visual inspection, new developments within the FAA have helped to pave the way toward more cost-effective UAS-based infrastructure maintenance.
The below infographic highlights the top seven reasons why the utilities industry can significantly benefit from commercial drone technology.
- How Drones are Helping the Fight Against Disease Outbreaks - September 5, 2017
- How Drones are Aiding Scientists in Studying Climate Change - August 22, 2017
- How Drones Can Improve Disaster Response and Relief - July 25, 2017
- How Drones Can Improve Infrastructure Inspection and Maintenance - July 14, 2017
- How Drones are Enhancing Wildlife Conservation Efforts - July 6, 2017