Unmanned aerial systems (UAS) are being used across commercial industries as a more efficient and cost-effective option. In particular, the potential for drone use in the utility industry has grown tremendously.
Utilities across the country are beginning to see the vast potential for drones to reduce costs, improve safety, increase reliability and more quickly analyze malfunctions. While utilities currently conduct most maintenance operations by manual, visual inspection, new developments within the FAA have helped to pave the way toward more cost-effective UAS-based infrastructure maintenance.
The below infographic highlights the top seven reasons why the utilities industry can significantly benefit from commercial drone technology.
- How Drones Are Changing Inspections in the Utilities Industry - May 17, 2017
- 7 Reasons Why the Utilities Industry Should Be Employing Drones: Infographic - April 26, 2017
- 3 Industries Being Transformed by Drone Mapping - April 6, 2017
- Why Data Management is the Key for Safely Integrating Drones into the National Airspace - March 24, 2017
- NextGov’s “Drones for Good” Event Explores Government’s Current and Future Uses of Drone Technology - March 7, 2017