NEW YORK — PowerUp Toys announced the release of the Powerup FPV, the world’s first Smartphone-Controlled paper airplane with a video camera and first-person view. PowerUp FPV lets you experience flight as if you were sitting in the cockpit of your very own paper airplane. Using your smartphone with a head-mounted display (Google cardboard viewer included), you see what your plane sees, controlling your paper airplane with intuitive movements of your head. The Powerup FPV is iOS and Android compatible.
The PowerUp FPV travels at speeds up to 20 mph with approximately 10 minutes of continuous flight time. Auto-Pilot mode simplifies the flying process. The plane’s imbedded camera transmits a live video stream straight to the user’s smartphone with a range up to 300 ft. To make video streaming a reality, the company partnered with Parrot, makers of the AR.Drone and Minidrones, to leverage their expertise in WiFi streaming and drone controls.
“When my friend said I couldn’t control a paper airplane with a smartphone, I sought to prove him wrong with our PowerUp 3.0,” said Shai Goitein, CEO of PowerUp Toys. “When he said I couldn’t put a live-streaming camera on a paper airplane, I’ve again proved him wrong with PowerUp FPV. Now we are taking paper airplanes to new heights, and with the help of Parrot, are giving consumers the ability to see and feel the excitement of flying.”
Fresh off a successful Kickstarter campaign, PowerUp FPV gives users a truly unique flight and viewing experience, all based on a paper airplane. PowerUp FPV can live stream the flight straight to a user’s Google Cardboard or other smartphone-powered head-mounted display (HMD). Users can control their flight using their HMD, or use the PowerUp App’s on-screen gamepad to control the plane. In addition, the fully rotating wide-view camera lets pilots capture their flight while looking forward from the cockpit, off the wings, or even a dramatic rear-view shot as they launch their planes into flight. They can then share video and images immediately via WiFi to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or another social media platform.
The PowerUp FPV is available for preorders on the company’s website, www.Poweruptoys.com/FPV, for $199 USD — with an expected ship date of February 2017.
● WiFi live streaming with range of over 300 ft.
● Capture live streaming video and still images during flight
● Intuitively controlled with Head Mounted Display or in-app gamepad (optional)
● Google cardboard compatibility for heads-up display
● Ultra wide-angle rotating camera to capture and stream forward-facing, rear-view and wing-view
● Ultimate selfie-capture mode during rear-view launching
● Save flight videos straight to MicroSD card, with images and video transferred to your phone via WiFi
● Travels at speeds up to 20 mph
● Auto-Pilot mode for easy flying
● Up to 10 minutes of continuous flight time
● Carbon-fiber and nylon reinforced frame for added durability SPECS of FPV
● Twin propeller module
● Battery: 550mAh removable Lithium Polymer cell
● MIMO Antenna supporting 2.5 and 5Ghz WiFi
● Video stream and capture up to 30FPS
● 3-axis compass sensor
● 3-axis gyroscope sensor
● 3-axis accelerometer
● Open-Source SDK
To find out more about PowerUp FPV, visit w ww.Poweruptoys.com/FPV .
About PowerUp Toys
PowerUp Toys lets consumers of all ages expand their sense of play and experimentation by adding power to familiar paper airplanes. PowerUp Toys brings homemade paper toys into the future by adding next generation mobile controls, propulsion and tools to take imagination to new heights. Experience the joy of making your ideas take flight in just a few minutes. PowerUp Toys is based in Tel Aviv with representatives and distribution centers around the world.