A new drone rental service called Up Sonder goes live today in Chicago. Up Sonder is starting out by spreading the word in the drone community in Chicago looking for drone owners interested in renting out their drones or drone services to list on the marketplace. The service will soon be available in three cities (Chicago, San Francisco, New York).
Here’s a bit about what it is:
- Up Sonder is the world’s first peer-to-peer marketplace dedicated exclusively to drone rentals. Providers earn extra money by renting out their drone or service, while Renters save time and money by renting from an Up Sonder member within their direct area. Up Sonder powers its deliveries with UberRUSH, giving members access to on-demand drones. Combining easy search, messaging, and payment features makes droning easy and fun on Up Sonder.
- Providers get to experience new and exciting places by traveling on location. Some Providers can simply teach, while others handle entire projects. No matter your skill level, each rental gives you an opportunity to get more time in the air. The best part is you determine your pricing and travel radius, keeping you in complete control.
- Up Sonder handles all of the payments and charges the Renter before they receive your drone.
- Listing your drone and service on Up Sonder is free. Up Sonder takes a 5% Provider Service Fee on each booking.
- Up Sonder offers a provider guarantee, protecting your drone and equipment from accidental damage. Every provider with a listing on Up Sonder is eligible for coverage at no additional cost.
- Drobotron – The World’s First Billboard Drone - June 5, 2017
- Dylan Kussman Shows Why Drones are the Future in “Highest Mountain” - May 30, 2017
- DJI Unveils Spark - May 24, 2017
- Sunset in Atlanta - April 19, 2017
- Increasing Flight Time – Interview with Jon Broome of IQinetics - April 10, 2017