MELVILLE, N.Y., July 12, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — BZ Media LLC today announced that Pix4D would be bringing a half-day technical workshop to the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas on September 6 to help educate and train professionals in the use of drones for mapping and surveying. InterDrone is being held September 7-9 and expects more than 4,000 commercial drone experts to attend.
With the formalization of the most important regulation for the US drone industry and an increasing number of professionals worldwide using drones and photogrammetry in their business, there is a greater need for training on how to maximize drone investment. The Pix4D workshop will explain to attendees how the technology works, and what is the optimal workflow for using Pix4Dmapper to map, measure, inspect, and visualize.
“Demand in Pix4D’s technology is growing and we chose to have our first new users’ workshop at InterDrone, one of the largest of the commercial drone shows,” said Antoine Martin, North America Business Manager at Pix4D.
The half-day session runs from 1:00pm-5:30pm and costs $295, which includes a $100-value pass to the Exhibit Hall, Film Festival and keynotes at InterDrone. The workshop can also include a 30-day license of Pix4Dmapper Pro (valued at $350), for a total cost of workshop seat with license for $445.
Some of the topics expected to be covered include:
- Modern photogrammetry: from 2D to 3D
- Image acquisition: best practices
- Georeferencing and project accuracy
- File outputs
- Processing demonstration and basic processing options
More information and registration details can be found at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pix4d-half-day-new-user-technical-workshop-las-vegas-tickets-26350012597
InterDrone is the largest event dedicated to commercial drones in North America, “We have more than 235 media and association partners helping to market and build InterDrone 2016, and many of those partners are in the surveying, mapping, precision agriculture and other vertical infrastructure fields,” said Ted Bahr, InterDrone Chairman. “This workshop is an excellent way for people to kick off their three day immersion in commercial drones at InterDrone with a deep dive into photogrammetry.”
Registration for InterDrone—for commercial drone builders, buyers and flyers—is now open at www.InterDrone.com.
- First Self-flying Home Robot Launches on Kickstarter – Interview with Jeffrey Tseng - September 19, 2017
- How AeroPoints is Changing Drones in the Construction Industry – Interview with Francis Vierboom - September 15, 2017
- Predicting the Future of the Drone Industry – Interview with Pete Smith of TE Connectivity - September 13, 2017
- In Her Own Words – 2017 Women to Watch in UAS Winners - August 30, 2017
- Reinventing the Drone – Gobe Robotics - August 18, 2017